Several things determine the time it takes to clean your home. These factors include:
- The cleaning process you follow
- The equipment you have available
- The degree of messiness and dirt in your home
- How skilled you are at cleaning
- The size of your home
The process you follow is crucial to clean your house as quickly and efficiently as possible. Generally speaking, you should start by tidying up. After everything is in its place, you can begin the cleaning process, which includes washing the dishes, vacuuming, and sterilising surfaces.
Here is a typical cleaning process:
- Put all items, such as magazines, toys, and personal items in their place. These items include dirty dishes, which should go into the washer or sink. Dirty laundry should go into a hamper.
- Wash the dishes. This step can make a big difference in your kitchen.
- Make the beds, and check that no toys or shoes are lying around in the bedrooms.
5. Vacuum all carpets and furniture, and spend some time to ensure that you remove as much dust and pet hair as possible.
6. If there are stains in the carpet or furniture, aggravate it with a brush and fabric soap to loosen it from the fibres. Then use an extractor to remove the solvent.
7. Sweep your tile floors with a broom before washing them with a tile cleaner.
If you don’t have equipment like a vacuum, extractor, or steam cleaner, you will have to rely on elbow grease, which can prolong house cleaning. Professional house cleaners typically have these tools to make the process quicker and more effective.
If you only clean your home fortnightly or monthly, expect to spend some time loosening grime and dirt from your surfaces. Removing a few weeks’ worth of pet hair and dander from your carpets and furniture can also take a long time.
With regular cleaning comes speed. You will spend less time wondering what to do next, and you will eventually develop a cleaning system that works for you.
If you are alone, prepare to spend an average of one hour per room. For example, if you have four bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room, it will take you around eight hours to clean your house thoroughly.
However, if you use the services of professional house cleaners, it will take much less time. Our cleaning partners at My Maid are experienced and will take care of the job for you.
Contact us today to learn more about our house cleaning services.